Chicken Salad with Apples & Lemon Dressing
This make-ahead salad is crunchy, refreshing and paired with the perfectly creamy and tangy dressing! It is an excellent option for lunch or dinner.
- 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken (about 1 pound)
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 ½ cups Honey Crisp apple, cored and diced
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped green onions, white and green parts
- 1-8 ounce can diced water chestnuts, drained
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons (light) mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Salt to taste
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together dressing ingredients. Fold into the salad and stir until the salad is moist. Salad can be served immediately, but is best if it sits several hours or overnight for flavors to marry. Serve with assorted breads or as lettuce wraps.