Apple, Onion & Rosemary Tart
Using a puff-pastry, swiss and cream cheese, carmelized onions and fresh apples, this tart is perfect as a meal or an appetizer.
- 1-17.3 ounce box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced and divided
- 2 red apples (such as Gala or Braeburn), cored and cut into ½" thick half-moon slices
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-8 ounce tub cream cheese with chives, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese, optional
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts, optional
RecipePreheat oven to 40˚F. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ¾ of the sliced red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and caramelizing, 4-5 minutes. Stir in the apple, green onions, salt and pepper. Cook until barely tender, about two minutes.
Unfold the 2 sheets of pastry and place end to end on sprayed large baking pan. Pinch middle seam together to make one large sheet. Spread softened cream cheese over the pastry leaving a 1" border. Top with the onion-apple mixture. Scatter with the remaining uncooked red onion and rosemary. Bake 30-35 minutes until browned. Remove from oven and immediately scatter with the grated cheese and nuts. Slice and serve while warm.