REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
The Technology Support Specialist is a versatile member of the IT team supporting all aspects of the
user PC environment based at the L&M office in Raleigh, NC. The successful candidate will
demonstrate strong customer service skills and an ability to partner with the business to provide an
exceptional IT service experience. This role will require strong technical analytical skills while
responding to user inquiries and troubleshooting complex systems in a fast-paced environment.
Communication skills are critical while acting as a liaison with IT colleagues and support vendors to
resolve issues and ensure continuous improvement of systems. This position will include off hour
production support and periodic application maintenance/update duties.
• Responsible for solving or facilitating the resolution of all inbound helpdesk inquiries including but
not limited to business applications, PC’s including operating system (Win10), audio/video
conferencing, Office365 Suite, network and connectivity and user admin for all L&M users located
both onsite and at remote sites.
• Provide VOIP phone support, configuration, and management.
• Continually work to ensure end users can effectively use the technology provided to them via the
creation of end user guides, in person/virtual training sessions, and ad-hoc knowledge sharing
• Collaborate with other IT team members to speed ticket resolution with a focus on adding value
• Provide front line user support for our Microsoft Dynamics AX (DAX) ERP system
• Assist with the design and testing of Microsoft and other 3rd party software enhancements
• Support Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) exception handling and configuration
• Troubleshoot system issues and document IT incidents with various software support providers
• As this is a user facing position, the expectation is this employee will work at L&M’s home office in
Raleigh, NC, on a daily basis, during core business hours with limited opportunity for working
• Infrequent travel may be required
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• ERP system knowledge (MS Dynamics AX (DAX) preferred)
• Strong Microsoft technology skills including Windows 10, Office 365 suite
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to innovate and use available resources
• Ability to work independently within a small IT Team
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others
• An ability to coach end users in becoming more self-sufficient with technology
• Able to communicate effectively through oral and written means and both in person and “virtual”
• Must be able to prioritize appropriately and excel in a multi-tasking environment
• Able to work with end users of lower IT skill levels without becoming frustrated. The right candidate
would view this as an opportunity to help them be more effective in their job.
• Will consistently exhibit the core values of L&M: Respect, Passion, Leadership and Excellence
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
• At least one year of experience supporting users running Windows 10 based PC’s running Office
365 in both office and remote environments
• CompTIA A+, HDI CSR, ITIL Foundation, MCSA Windows 10, or Modern Desktop Admin
certifications are a plus
• Basic experience with LAN/WAN hardware and troubleshooting connectivity
• Demonstrated experience in supporting a corporate ERP software application (MS Dynamics
Technical configuration, installation, systems, troubleshooting, coaching, and teaching skills to support
on site and distributed end users that run MS Dynamics AX, Windows 10, Office 365, VOIP, and other
IT systems. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical
shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee may be asked to lift and / or
move up to 50 pounds of equipment to a height of 3-4 feet and load to server closet. Frequently
positions self to maintain computers in the office, including under the desks and in the server closet.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with end
users who have questions about equipment, applications, or systems. Must be able to exchange
accurate information in these situations.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, touch, or feel; reach
with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIORS
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others
• Is open, not defensive and easy to approach
• Earns the confidence, trust and respect of others
• Communicates in an open and honest way
• Builds consensus – solicits input and discusses options with people affected before making decision
• Keeps others informed, communicates expectations and shares information
• Listens actively and understands others views and needs
• Supports, promotes and models the values of L & M (Service, Integrity, and Relationships)
• Balances entrepreneurial spirit with the needs of others and the vision of the company
• Shows a strong work ethic and commitment to L & M
• Treats customers as business partners
• Listens actively to external and internal customers
• Constantly looks for better ways to service customers