SUMMARY: This person will serve as an integral member of Supply Chain’s role in planning, scheduling, purchasing, and distribution of packaging materials across the organization. This individual will be the first point of contact for the organization’s day-to-day materials management activities. He/she will help drive lean business processes and will be focused on obtaining results and meeting goals. The candidate will be an emerging leader with critical thinking, problem solving, and process improvement skills and must feel comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- First point of contact for all day-to-day materials management activities across the organization (planning, scheduling, purchasing, inventory tracking, and reconciliation).
- Helps gather forecasting data by performing usage analysis and gathering sales projections.
- Manages pooled assets inventory.
- Provides critical logistics support.
- Participates in other special projects when needed.
- Must be proficient in moving between minute details and a high-level perspective with the ability to interpret and communicate the impact to the business.
- Interpret data within Microsoft Excel on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadences to analyze inventory levels and sales trends to effectively determine purchase quantities and prepare purchase orders accordingly.
- Carefully monitor active status of high-moving SKUs and adjust forecasts for ramp-up or ramp-down for end-of-life of products as needed.
- Create a supply plan in support of the demand plan with consideration of the forecast risks.
- Manage vendor relationships to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery, and compliance of terms.
- Solve problems involving billing and collecting.
- Review receiving and delivery documents for compliance with purchase orders.
- Collaborates with other departments to effectively and timely resolve issues of quantity, quality, and available dates.
- Verifies vendor acknowledgements of purchase orders to ensure timely receipt.
- Reviews and resolves backorders with vendors.
- Assists in vendor chargebacks for quality or backorder issues.
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying price, vendor, and terms.
- Send purchase orders to suppliers.
- Monitor and track open orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain specs and pricing database from supplies/vendors.
- Shipment tracking from departure to arrival.
- Participates in other special projects when needed
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Strong Customer Service Skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including pivot tables.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Flexibility and patience for dealing with rapid change.
- Ability to work with a variety of people at all levels in and outside of the company.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to handle pressure, multitask, and work effectively within deadlines.
- Comfortable with talking on the phone.
- Ability to deal with and handle confidential / sensitive information appropriately.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ degree in related field
- At least 3 years of experience in one of the following areas is preferred: Operations, Purchasing, or Supply Chain
- Two years customer service experience preferred