Sales Accounting Manager
Represents L&M and its values to customers in all areas; coordinates assigned account program(s)
in day-to-day activities; identifies and communicates customer needs.
Cooperates with co-workers, both accounting teams, and the GLS logistics system.
Assists co-workers, suppliers, and customers in achieving their goals; continually strives for
individual improvement and looks for ways to improve the division and L&M.
Supports sales and sales manager.
• Building relationships with customers, shippers, and truckers.
• Help salesperson with all accounts, not just the assigned account.
• Checking on all trucks [pickups/deliveries/receiving] daily & weekends. Request updates on all
trucks before leaving for the day & on Fridays.
• Deciding where all truck loads are placed.
• Buying product, entering purchase orders & arranging freight if loading at an L&M warehouse.
• Daily billing
• Being the main contact with the assigned account, truckers, and shippers.
• Maintaining spreadsheets for each division and growing region.
• Running load detail reports to ensure that loads are profitable. If they aren’t profitable, determine
root cause, and notify the salesperson if there is a pattern.
• Communicating late trucks or not being able to find a truck.
• Double checking all billing to ensure that Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/invoicing is correct.
• Making shippers aware of any projections for advertising loads.
• Making sure the receivables are clean and do not reach 60 days.
• Making sure payables are clean and get unreconciled back to Accounts Payable within 10 days of
• Making sure loads with troubles get flagged with grower/shipper, entered in the Microsoft Dynamics
AX ERP system (DAX), and are settled in a timely manner.
• Making sure audits and OSD exceptions in Genesis stay clean.
• Other duties as assigned
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
• Establishes, develops, and maintains customer relationships through dialogue and administration
of customer programs
• Maintains an effective working relationship with all customers
• Builds long term customer relationships and gives top customer service
• Strives to meet customers’ needs in every possible way
• Communicates effectively and manages information to and from customers
• Achieves, and then maintains, high service levels – as determined by the customer
• Supports L&M’s team members with customer / program questions and directions
• Coordinates and communicates the company’s direction and other happenings within the company
• Knowledge of USDA standards and regulations a plus
• Detail oriented
• Strong oral and written communication, organization, and interpersonal skills, able to establish,
build and maintain business relationships easily
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 3 years of customer service experience
• Fresh produce sales strongly preferred
• Fast paced, friendly office environment
Core Competencies and Behaviors
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others
• Is open, not defensive, and easy to approach
• Earns the confidence, trust, and respect of others
• Communicates in an open and honest way
• Builds consensus – solicits input and discusses options with people affected before making
• Keeps others informed, communicates expectations and shares information
• Listens actively and understands others views and needs
• Supports, promotes, and models the values of L&M (Service, Integrity and Relationships)
• Balances entrepreneurial spirit with the needs of others and the vision of the company
• Shows a strong work ethic and commitment to L&M
• Treats customers as business partners
• Listens actively to external and internal customers
• Constantly looks for better ways to service customers